Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sister Saturday - Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday to my favorite sister Estrella aka Pinkie.  She's probably smiling while reading this post because I actually only have one sister and that is why she is my favorite.
My sister and I are very close even though we are miles apart.  She lives in Canada and we only see each other once a year but sometimes even longer.  We call each other at least once a week and sends email every now and again. I am looking forward to seeing her next month as she will be spending US Thanksgiving with us.  I know that I will be spoiled again as she is a great cook and an awesome baker.  Every time we get together either in her home or my home, she always makes my favorite Filipino meals that I cannot make.  Hopefully I won't gain those extra pounds while she is here.  I remember when we use to live in Yellowknife she made this special noodle dish.  It was so good we had second and third helpings.  We both had a tummy ache after and our mother was actually laughing at us and no sympathy.

In 2006 at the resort where my daughter got married, my sister and I would pretend we were part of  a synchronized swimming team.  The funny thing is that, we both don't know how to swim.  We would do this each time we are in the pool and we would cracked up as we try to do different moves.

If my sister would bake her own cake it won't  look like this simple.  Since I can't bake a cake, I hope she likes this.
Happy Birthday Sister!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you to my fave sister. I am looking forward to all the presents I will be opening when I get there. The cake looks delicious. Yes, I still remember the synchronized moves!!!

    ReplyDelete